Fried Green Tomato Batter
To-may-to, to-mah-to. No matter what you call them, Southerners universally agree that there’s just something addictive about unripened tomatoes with a perfectly tart and tender middle, and a crispy outer layer!
Pair some fried green tomatoes with our Applewood Bacon for a scrumptious spin on a classic BLT sandwich, or enjoy them on their own - they're delicious either way!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Need: 5 Green Tomatoes, 2 cups Buttermilk
For best results use a deep fryer but a skillet will also work.
• Prepare Deep Fryer: Vegetable Oil - Pre-heat 375°
• Cover tomato slice with "flour mixture"
• Dip in Buttermilk
• Cover tomato slice with "cornmeal mixture"
• Drop tomatoes into pre-heated oil one at a time
• Cook until golden brown
• Lay on paper towel over cooling rack