Got Biscuits? Our 2 lb. bag of Loveless Biscuit Mix isn't the exact same thing you'll be served in the Cafe, but it sure is pretty darn close! Just mix with buttermilk to make up to 50 delicious Loveless Cafe style Southern biscuits!
Reese Witherspoon featured our Biscuit Mix in her picks to become a Southern Belle!
• For 12 - 14 biscuits, mix 1 1/4 cups of our Biscuit Mix with 2/3 cup buttermilk.
• Use the whole package - two pounds - and mix in 2 2/3 cups of buttermilk to feed a hungry crowd (about 50 biscuits).
• We use a 2" sharp biscuit cutter in the cafe. A soup can will also work.
TIPS for makin' biscuits!
• Be sure to use COLD, whole buttermilk.
• Weighing the biscuit mix is more accurate. If you do not weigh, spoon the mix into a dry measuring cup as opposed to packing the cup.
• Put down waxed paper first for easy clean up.
• Your biscuit dough should be wet and sticky (wetter than you might think it should be).
• Treat your dough gently. Do not over mix or over fold or biscuits will be tough.
• With a sharp 2" biscuit cutter dipped in flour, use an up and down motion to cut. Do not twist.
• Biscuits should touch one another and the side of the pan. This helps them rise evenly as they bake. We recommend using a cast iron skillet.
• Bake your biscuits on the middle oven rack.
• Don't worry that they don't all look alike. You just baked homemade biscuits!
May Contain: Egg, Soy