So indulgent and incredibly delicious, here’s a fabulous way to use Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix in an at-home recipe that’s sure to be a new family favorite!
Makes 20-24 Biscuits
1 pound unsalted butter
2 pounds brown sugar
¼ cup water
1 cup sugar
1½ cups raisins, craisins, or chocolate chips
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 bag Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix
2⅔ plus ¾ cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-by-13 pans or two 12-inch cast iron skillets and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, bring butter, brown sugar, and water to a boil, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
1. In a small bowl, mix sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. On a large cutting board, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and dust with flour. In a large mixing bowl, pour in Biscuit Mix and work out any lumps with your hands. Add 2⅔ cups buttermilk and blend until a sticky dough is formed.
3. Place half the biscuit dough on parchment paper. Dust liberally with more flour and fold the dough 2 to 3 times, adding more flour if necessary. Roll out dough into a 9-by-13 rectangle.
4. Brush dough liberally with remaining buttermilk. Sprinkle half of raisin mixture on dough, keeping one long edge of dough moist but free of mixture to allow roll to seal.
5. Carefully roll dough into a tight log then repeat steps with remaining dough.
6. Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls into ½-inch slices. Divide the caramel between the two greased pans. Place biscuit slices in the mixture, nesting them into caramel and making sure they are not crowded in the pan.
7. Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
1. Immediately after removing from oven, carefully invert the pans onto serving platters. Enjoy while warm.